We’ve Got Indiana & Michigan Covered!
Businesses love us – especially when they’re out of state and looking to relocate. Why? Because, as an electrical utility company, we interact with hundreds of communities all across northeast Indiana and southwestern Michigan.
We’ve built relationships with scores of local economic development organizations, too. That means our own economic development professionals have access to all kinds of data on the best available sites and buildings throughout our territory. They know also where you’ll find the best tax rates and other incentives for your business. And best of all? We’ve put it all together for you! We’ve done the “legwork,” we’ve gathered the resources, and we can compile the data just as you need it, zeroing in on the specific locations you want to explore.
Learn more. Contact I&M ED. We have what it takes to be your one-stop Indiana and Michigan economic development resource!
- Indiana ranked as the "Best Place to do Business" in the Midwest, and 5th best nationwide! (Source: in.gov)
- Indiana ranks #6 among the best states for business! (Source: cnbc.com)
- Indiana ranks #15 among all states for having the lowest cost of doing business!(Source: chiefexecutive.net)
- Indiana is #1 in manufacturing productivity among major industrial states; #5 in workforce development training programs; #7 in having the nation’s best working environment! (Source: iedc.in.gov)
Learn more about What’s Right with Indiana!
- Michigan ranks #13 in the nation for its overall business tax climate, according to the Tax Foundation! New, simpler, more competitive tax laws are being enacted to reduce corporate taxes even more!(Source: michiganadvantage.org)
- Michigan is the #1 state for vehicle-related R&D; #4 state for research intensity; #4 state for the number of engineering graduates!
Learn more about the Michigan Advantage!
|Indiana Industrial Rates
- 15% less than the state average; 16% less than the national average
|Michigan Industrial Rates|
- 8% less than the state average
| Check out our Rate Card|
- We draw power from a variety of industry-favorable energy resources, including …
- Coal (3,595 MW capacity)
- Nuclear (2,160 MW capacity)
- Wind (250 MW capacity)
- Hydro (22.4 MW capacity)
- We make it easy for you to Calculate Your Energy Bill!
- Reduce your costs even more with I&M’s Economic Development Rider incentives!
Review our EDR Handout. And ask us for details!
Because energy and the environment are inextricably linked, we work just as hard at protecting the environment as we do at providing affordable, reliable energy. Read more about our commitment to environmental responsibility.